Things I've made ;)
& Websites I run
(or Companies I run &
Websites I've made)
Az Security Control
Thank You Blue
Rope Halter Jig
TEXT UP Project
Horses - etc
Friends & Family
Active Burglar Alarm
Ken & Marie's
Justin's RE site
PEbaldwin fine art
Tom & Marie Zahn
About 50 things ABOUT ME
I've seen many other blogs and websites that do this, and for some reason I always enjoy reading them. Sometimes people answer specific questions from a list or (it seems like anyway) they know exactly the right things to list. I'm not sure how I will do, but I've chosen to list random facts that may tell you a little more about me and my life. Like you asked.
1. You can call me Grandma. ROMAN does ;)
2. My age is 50 something.
3. I grew up in small town Iowa. 300+/- people, counting me.
4. In high school I owned and operated a gas station.
5. I was also a Cheerleader, the President of the Student Council, and Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow.
5a. I CAN cook, but I don't much (I believe that's what Betty Crocker had in mind :).
6. I have lived in Arizona for over 28 years.
7. I am sinfully happy, married to Jim, my best friend and business partner since 1982.
8. We met Rock Climbing . . . JZ and the boys. . and me.
9. To start our business, I waited on tables and tended bar. He serviced alarm systems.
10. Generations of the Zahn family are in the alarm business. I married into it. Lucky? Yes.
11. I am a Past President of the Arizona Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (1991 and 1992).
12. My Father in Law, The Late/GREAT Victor R Zahn, was president of the same organization many many years earlier.
13. Jim, his father and our first son share the same birthday. Weird huh ? It gets better . . |
14. Jim's mother's name was also Kay Zahn (I told you ;) We call her Mimi. She lived with us for nearly 2 years until she passed away August 2010. We miss her very much. She is with Dad now.
15. One of our best friends this genius programmer (and believe me I know web developers and I know programmers and this guy is half machine) to whom we owe our great success.
16. We run an Alarm Monitoring Center (calling Police, Fire, EMS, etc. in response to alarms)
17. In the past 30 years, we've grown from a home biz to a multi million dollar enterprise with 50+ employees
18. In the past 4 years we have created another enterprise in Greer Arizona. A cafe, a gift store and a full service 14 room Lodge.
20. We have fabulous employees who keep us from having to work too hard.
21. We have two dogs a cat and three horses and a Chincilla. (My daughter is a barell racing, pole bending 16 year old Member of the BV Mavericks 4H Club.)
23. I make videos. Music videos & kids sports (currently I'm video blogging with Bob Ross)
24. I bought a cool little design to make Rope Halters and sell it online.
25. I have 2 WONDERFUL Children (currently 17 and 22)and one Grown maried son, so I have a daughter in law and grandson.
28. I am as old as I feel -that one's for me ;)
29. This list is getting harder and harder.
30. My kids think this list is stupid.
31. My kids are probably right.
33. I have stood my ground defending multiple law suits and have basically won them all.
34. People tell me I should have been a lawyer.
35. If I were a lawyer, I'd kill myself.
36. I like MY lawyers, but jokes about lawyers are funny.
37. Jokes about suicide shouldn't be funny.
38. I suffer from serious depression. Seriously.
39. I fell apart after 9/11 and while I am better now, I will never be the same again.
40. I created a Charitible Organization that helps First Responders.
41. Random note: I was in Red Square (MOSCOW, RUSSIA) on July 4th, 2008
42. Football - not a huge fan, but like the big games!
43. Basketball - BIG FAN - GO SUNS !!!!!! GO SUNDEVILS !!!!
44. I cry at weddings, funerals, movies, and anywhere they play the Star Spangled Banner.
45. I used to cry at commercials, staff meetings, breakfast, lunch and dinner. My medication helps that tremendously.
46. I have a friend who wrote a book about her life. (Read it and you will cry too)
47. My brother and brother in law are both Police Officers in the Phoenix Valley.
48. If you have read this far you may know more about me than my own mother.
50. My mother is a 78 year old "stay at home" grandma, who's new job is kidney dialysis 3 times a week.
and a new phase begins everyday...